Training to de-risk your high-stakes projects…
This training could save your company millions of dollars, since most large B2B companies pursue several major, “great-hope” projects. Sadly, most will fail: It’s not easy pursuing unfamiliar markets, disruptive ventures or transformational technologies. The unfortunate reality is that many could either be killed much earlier or rescued with early and intelligent course corrections.
This all changes when your teams know how to de-risk their projects. (See video, .) You can learn this methodology in one of our 3-hour public workshops (see below) using a de-risking simulation with Dan Adams and Scott Burleson. Later, you can apply this approach to your real project on your own or in private AIM-coached virtual sessions.
Learn via simulation in a private virtual workshop…
- Only $195 per person* for the Trial** plan.
- 3-Hour virtual session
- Includes 7 in-class exercises using a simulation: Acme Composites
- Instruction by Dan Adams (creator of methodology) & Scott Burleson
What you get:
- 1 month access to cloud-based Minesweeper® 3.0 De-risking software & Client Center (with the option of extending to 12 months for $695*).
- 1 hour of post-workshop coaching.
- Hands-on experience using AIM’s revolutionary project de-risking process with a simulation.
- Get your high-stakes projects “in shape” now… for rapid growth in better times!
*Minimum number of attendees required to host a private workshop is 12.
**Or purchase a 12-month subscription for $695 when you register. After the first full year, you can renew your Minesweeper software subscription for $39/mo.
What will your team will learn?
You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll learn in just the one-day simulation workshop. View agenda. In 7 hands-on exercises you’ll learn how to…
- Generate Assumptions: The team begins by brainstorming as many assumptions as possible. These are divided into Market Dynamics, Internal Capabilities, and Customer Outcomes. Special triggers, e.g. a consumption chain, and our master list of typical assumptions ensure a complete list.
- Rate Assumptions: Each assumption is rated for its likely impact on project success and team certainty: First, individual team members rate assumptions online, to prevent “group think.” Then the team 1) reviews histograms of individual ratings, 2) reaches agreement, 3) records its “Source of Truth” and 4) reviews six “Certainty Matrices.”
- Investigate Assumptions: The team then prepares a CheckPoint Plan… a series of tasks to better understand each assumption and move it from uncertainty to certainty. Within the Certainty Matrix, an assumption might “move up” from the red Danger zone to the yellow Caution zone, and eventually into the green Safe zone.
- Report to Management: As important as the above steps are, it’s just as important for your team to communicate well with management. Instead of confusing them with unique, “home-grown” presentations, begin using a common format—the Minesweeper De-risking Report. This helps management understand your project much better, essentially “joining your team” and increasing their confidence in you.
What resources will each attendee receive?
You’ll learn to apply our proprietary de-risking process at this workshop… using our Minesweeper software as a roadmap and team collaboration tool. You’ll receive the following resources:
- 1-month trial subscription to Minesweeper software*
- “Acme Composites” Simulation workbook
- De-risking workshop log with all presentation slides
- Resources such as the De-risking Quick-Start Card
*After the first year, a Minesweeper software subscription costs $39/month/person, billable annually.
Why schedule a private workshop?
There’s no better way to see what your company is missing than by attending our private simulation workshop. Your team(s) will spend the time going through a year in the life of a fictional project by “Acme Composites”… a company trying to break into the packaging market with its new fiber.
Virtually everything attendees will learn will be new to them. Why? Because The AIM Institute built this project de-risking methodology from the ground up, after seeing immense waste.
Contact us to learn more or to schedule a private workshop for your company.